Main Street Radiology would to thank you all for your hard work and dedication during the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. We truly appreciate the trust you place in us and we would like to assure you that your patients’ safety is of the utmost importance to us.
Main Street Radiology has been open throughout the pandemic to ensure all non-COVID-19 patients have appropriate access to care. We began screening patients for COVID related symptoms well in advance of other facilities in order to maintain a safe and clean environment for imaging. Those efforts have been refined and strengthened as we proceed to the next phase of this pandemic. In the current phase, no patients will be turned away and all staff will wear personal protective equipment. The following outlines the procedures in place at all Main Street Radiology sites.
- All patients will be screened before entering our facilities (Questions about COVID-19 exposure and Infra-Red Temperatures taken).
- Only patients will be allowed in the buildings. If the patient is a minor or an adult with special needs, only one caregiver will be allowed.
- Everyone in the facility MUST wear a mask at all times.
- All patients will be asked to wash hands or use hand sanitizer before proceeding through the registration process.
- To limit possible spread, patients with reported exposure to COVID-19 or fever will wait in separate areas from those who screen negative.
- To follow social distancing, both the number of chairs in the waiting areas and the number of people in the building will be limited. Scheduling protocols will be altered to accommodate this change.
- Enhanced cleaning and sterilization procedures have been put in place at all facilities. Exam rooms are cleaned before and after every patient exam.
All of the CDC and DOH guidelines are being implemented and followed.
MSR has passed a very stringent DOH certification process unique amongst other local facilities. While MSR is not a hospital facility, we do meet the stricter safety criteria which a hospital facility would require. This distinguishes us from other Imaging facilities in that the designation requires extra waiting space, bigger hallways, enhanced air circulation and larger exam rooms, all intended to optimize patient safety.
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
We look forward to caring for your patients. Thank You for your understanding during these extraordinary times.